The DNPP forms part of the University of Groningen. Its remit is to provide systematic and generally accessible documentation on Dutch political parties, with special reference to the extraparliamentary activities of the parties.
Its tasks consist of collecting and making available documentary material on and by Dutch political parties; the provision of (academic) information about Dutch political parties; and academic research on Dutch political parties.
The DNPP conducts research on Dutch political parties:
- Role of Dutch Party think tanks on the agenda setting of political parties
- Research into the history of the debate on European integration in Dutch Politics, 1945-2000
- International research conference on the use of new media by political parties
- Study on Dutch political parties and the influece of European party federations
- Study on he relationship between europarties and Dutch political parties, 1974-2014
- Study on the Presidents of the European Commission
In cooperation with the Montesquieu Insititute, the DNPP published a book in which all the election-programmes of the participating Dutch political parties at the Parliamentary elections of 2010 have been brought together. The same has been done for the election-programmes of the participating Dutch political parties at the European Parliament elections of 2009. Also, the DNPP published a book in which the use of Dutch political party campaign phamplets during the European Election of 2009 is analyzed.
The DNPP also published the biography of the Dutch European Max Kohnstamm i