This page contains a limited version of this dossier in the EU Monitor.
|dossier||COM(2018)854 - Signing of the Protocol to the Agreement on a Civil Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) with Korea to take account of ...|
|date||January 4, 2019|
(2) Bulgaria and Romania became Member States of the Union on 1 January 2007 and Croatia on 1 July 2013.
(3) In accordance with Article 6(2) of the Acts of Accession of Bulgaria, Croatia and Romania, respectively, accession to the Agreement is to be agreed by means of a protocol to that Agreement (‘the Protocol’). In accordance with Article 6(2) of the Act of Accession, a simplified procedure is to apply to such accession, whereby a protocol is to be concluded by the Council, acting unanimously on behalf of the Member States, and by the third countries concerned
(4) On 23 October 2006 and on 14 September 2012, the Council authorised the Commission to open negotiations with the third countries concerned in order to conclude protocols to international agreements concluded by the Union and its Member States.
(5) The negotiations with Korea were successfully concluded by exchange of notes verbales.
(6) Therefore, the Protocol should be signed on behalf of the European Union and its Member States, subject to its conclusion at a later date.