This page contains a limited version of this dossier in the EU Monitor.
|dossier||COM(2013)528 - Conclusion of the Agreement with Canada on the transfer and processing of Passenger Name Record data.|
|date||July 18, 2013|
(2) In accordance with Council Decision 2013/XXX of  the Agreement between Canada and the European Union on the transfer and processing of Passenger Name Record data was signed on … 2013, subject to its conclusion at a later date.
(3) The Agreement should be concluded.
(4) This Agreement respects the fundamental rights and observes the principles recognised in particular by the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, notably the right to private and family life, recognised in Article 7 of the Charter, the right to the protection of personal data, recognised in Article 8 of the Charter and the right to effective remedy and fair trial recognised by Article 47 of the Charter. This Agreement should be applied in accordance with those rights and principles.
(5) [In accordance with Article 3 of the Protocol 21 on the Position of the United Kingdom and Ireland in respect of the area of Freedom, Security and Justice annexed to the Treaty on European Union and the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, the United Kingdom and Ireland take part in the adoption of this Decision.]
(6) In accordance with Articles 1 and 2 of the Protocol 22 on the Position of Denmark annexed to the Treaty on European Union and the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union, Denmark is not taking part in the adoption of this Decision and is not bound by the Agreement or subject to its application.